Partner yoga poses! My favorite.
I’m sure you’ve heard the name Joseph Kony by now. If you haven’t, it means that you probably don’t have social media lol. In case you’ve missed the pandemonium happening in the news this week, let me break things down for:
Who is Joseph Kony?
According to the ICC, Joseph Kony is the WORST criminal in the world. He is the leader of the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Uganda, which has been fighting against the Ugandan government for the past 25 years.
Why is he so bad?
When Kony first came to power, he was gaining a lot of support from Ugandan’s. However, his popularity has waned as the years passed. When his rebel army began to decrease, Kony decided to start using children. Since the creation of the LRA, Kony has kidnapped over 30,000 children!!! The girls are forced to be sex slaves for his men, while the boys are forced to become cold-blooded killers. Many are even forced to murder their own parents!
Why hasn’t he been captured?
Kony hasn’t been captured because the governments of every superpower in the world have been unaware and unpressured to take action. That all changed in 2006, when a man named Jason Russell met a child from Uganda who escaped from the LRA after seeing his brother killed before his very eyes. It was then that Jason started Invisible Children to raise awareness about the problem in hopes of putting an end to the LRA.
Because so many people have become aware of the problem and put pressure on our government, President Obama signed a bill in November that sent 100 military advisors into Uganda to help advise the Ugandan military on how to locate and capture Kony. If support for Kony’s capture begins to wane, these advisors can be pulled from Uganda. That is why people have been attempting to make Kony famous—> so that more people will join the fight to stop him.
What can we do to help?
1. Watch the video
2. Sign the petition—> www.kony2012.com
3. Raise awareness by tweeting, facebooking and blogging. The more people that know = more people that take action.
4. Pray. None of this will happen unless we pray. I have literally been begging God to put an end to this and I know that he’ll listen and take action in His time.
It’s important to realize that all of this has happened because ONE man saw injustice and decided to ACT. Through his actions, the world is hearing about Kony and doing something about the situation! It’s because of HIM and people like US are stepping up and taking action. This is the beauty of America, that we actually do have the power to influence our leaders.
“Where you live shouldn’t determine IF you live.” – Invisible Children
GET INVOLVED. STOP AT NOTHING. THE WORLD MUST KNOW.
I dare you to stop scrolling through your dashboard. Stop checking your Facebook newsfeed that you’ve already checked two seconds ago. Stop updating your Twitter and seeing what your favorite celebrities are saying. Stop watching funny and nonsense videos on Youtube. Take time to educate yourself to MAKE A DIFFERENCE in this world. This is your chance! WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Let’s make JOSEPH KONY Famous!!!
Who is JOSEPH KONY?
He is THE WORST LIVING CRIMINAL. He abducts children and makes them use guns to kill their own parents. He takes girls and forces them to be sex slaves. He calls his abducted children the Lord’s Resistance Army, AKA the LRA. He has abducted over 30,000 children and forced them to be child soldiers in Central Africa. He remains at large because he is INVISIBLE to the world. FEW know his name, even FEWER know his crimes. WE ARE MAKING HIM FAMOUS! Because when he is, the world will unite against him and demand his arrest.
We can help make a change. We can make a difference.
I feel so inspired. I feel the need to help and make a difference. This has to happen in 2012. We can’t let him go around and keep doing this to children in Central Africa. Let’s make his name known so he can be stopped. HE CAN NO LONGER BE INVISIBLE!
REBLOG IF YOU CARE.
This will not make your blog ugly, please take a moment to reblog and get the word out. SHARE THIS TO EVERYONE! Be a part of something BIG and when they catch this man, you would be able to say.. “I HELPED.”
LET’S START HERE ON TUMBLR.
I’m not a fan of the whole “reblog if you care” deal, but this is actually important and is a REALLY well-made short film. I definitely recommend you check it out.
Watch this like, NOW.
listen: if you care about making the world a better place by not hurting things (animals, people, etc), and you’ve made this a part of your life, you need to understand how important invisible children is. this is big, guys.
I don’t understand why this is suddenly exploding, but I’m glad it is. A few years back my youth group raised $15,000 in a summer for this cause. I’m really really glad it’s not something no one knows about anymore.
REBLOG and SPREAD THE WORD!
Hi, my name is Cortne. Im 18 and my mom is my entire world.
I usually never talk about this or bring it up and anything because it stresses me out greatly. She is on disability due to near blindness, being deaf in one ear and many other issues that came from Lupus [An auto immune…
Today’s DIY Mantra: Find ANYTHING in this graphic that you can relate to and ACT on it.
Action precipitates change. You must ACT on new ways of thinking, new ways of doing and new ways of living in order to see the benefits.
If ‘friends are more important than money’, how will you ACT on that so it is true of your life? How can you treat your friends in a way that communicates that message to them? A random phone call, a compliment, the gift of your time?
If ‘jealousy works the opposite way you want it to’ what can you do to make a change in your jealous behavior? Biting your tongue, being more patient, or reminding yourself that jealousy doesn’t help you in the long run?
If ‘your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself’, how can you change how you feel about yourself TODAY that can help that outlook be more positive? A run? A facial? Painting your toenails? Volunteering?
Action precipitates change. It’s not the message that matters, it’s how you use it.
10 Tips to Help Your Prayer Life
1. Choose a specific place to pray away from distractions so you can concentrate. Ringing phones and crying children will sabotage your “quiet time” before it gets started.
2. Pray at the same time every day, if at all possible. Make it part of your regular routine and it will become habit. Write it into your schedule and then treat it just like a daily appointment.
3. Pray out loud. Many people can pray under their breath or in their minds for long periods and still maintain intensity, but for most of us it’s a quick ticket to dreamland. When we pray out loud we have to form intelligent sentences. We have to concentrate more on what we’re praying about.
4. Keep a note pad handy so you can jot down different things that come to mind while you’re before the Lord. Sometimes you’ll get great ideas totally unrelated to what you’ve been praying about. If you jot them down you can quickly get back to the topic at hand without being too distracted.
5. Make a list to keep track of your prayer needs. This can be done several ways. Prayer needs can be listed by category like “Church,” “Family,” or “Unsaved friends.” Or they may be listed by the days of the week. Each day you pray for a different set of needs. You may want to include prayer everyday for a different area of society that has a tremendous influence on the direction of our nation. These seven categories include 1) the church and religion, 2) the family and the home, 3) the media, 4) government, 5) education, 6) business and commerce, and 7) the arts and entertainment.
6. Redeem time for praying out of unused corners of your schedule. Those who have to drive to work can use the time talking with the Lord instead of screaming at traffic (just don’t close your eyes!). Busy homemakers can combine prayer with housework, especially if the task doesn’t require a lot of concentration. Joggers, swimmers and cyclists can use their workout time for prayer. Sometimes my best times with the Lord have been chats during long, early morning walks or jogs along the beach.
7. Change the pace during your prayer time. Include praise, thanksgiving and singing as well as petition. Spend some of your time reflecting on the Scripture, meditating on it and digesting its meaning.
8. Keep a prayer journal. Here are two variations of this idea. The first is to keep track of what you prayed for and when you prayed for it. Leave a space to jot down the answer when it comes. This will help you to keep alert to God’s answer so you can thank Him promptly. Sometimes prayer answers come in the back door and you don’t want them to slip by you. The second variation is to write the entire prayer in your journal. Make it a personal letter to the Lord on a daily basis. Just write “Dear Lord” instead of “Dear Diary.”
9. Pray with someone else. Though some prayers can only be said in solitude, there will be times when you’ll want to join hearts with another person in prayer. If you commit to meet on a regular basis, the accountability can really help build consistency. Such prayer trysts can become powerful, life-changing events.
10. Pray one-sentence prayers. If the thought of laboring over a topic wears you out, pray short, sincere prayers instead. A sentence or two may be all that’s needed to exhaust the topic for you for the time being. If so, just move on to the next item without feeling guilty for your brevity.
fan me @ www.facebook.com/naeemcallaway